Proper vinyl records storage helps ensure durability and clear sound. You can invest in storage cupboards, shelving and boxes according to the number of vinyl records you possess. Music enthusiasts who have thousands of records prefer large storage options to keep their records safe and ensure their long life. Storage boxes are a perfect choice for people who have smaller collections and are looking for inexpensive storage solutions. You can also transfer the best sounds from your vinyl record collection to CDs which will allow you to listen to your favorite tracks in the car or download to the latest smartphone when cycling or out for that walk.
Proper maintenance and cleaning of vintage vinyl records is essential if you want them to last longer and have clear sound without any distortions. Collecting these records is easy but making them last long requires some effort on your part. Here are some important tips for vinyl records storage to ensure your collection maintains that sweet sound.
- One important thing to consider is to make sure that you have a functioning and clean cartridge which is not worn out. However if you find it to be a little bent you should immediately replace it with a new one so that you records are not worn out.
- When touching your record collection, make sure that your hands are clean and free from any kind of dirt and oil. Touching records with dirty hands can transfer the dirt and harm the records.
- Cleaning of the records is also very important and can be done using hands or a cleaning machine. No matter what method you use for its cleaning just make sure that you don’t wipe off the record with your shirt or any other cloth. Always use a proper cleaning brush so that the voice quality is maintained.
- When storing your records, never store them horizontally or never lay them flat because this can harm the records and cause them to warp.
- Storing them vertically on the shelves is the ideal way if you are concerned about their longevity and performance.
- The best storage atmosphere is considered to a temperature of 21 degrees Celsius and a humidity level of 45-50%. Making changes in the temperature can cause damage to your records and also remember that placing them near heat will also contribute to the distorted sounds.
- In order to protect your records from dust and dirt you can invest in storage options such as cabinets that do not allow dust to settle on the record or that valuable jacket.
- Also keep your vinyl record storage away from the kitchen or any smoking area because airborne contaminants can easily stick to the records and their jackets as well.
Have a listen to one of the best rock groups. They still sound good even without Christy McVie. I saw the Fleetwood Mac Unleashed tour. Row 8 on the floor standing between Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.
Various storing options are available but storage shelves are considered to be the ideal one, particularly as your record collection grows. Not only do shelves make your collection look arranged and organized but also protect them from dust and dirt. When investing in the vinyl records storage that best suits your needs make sure that you consider the number of records you have and the space available for placing the storage.